Mindfulness Meditation

I have stopped using modafinil, and instead am practicing mindfulness meditation from Jon Kabat-Zinn, which is better than modafinil from my experience.

Sunday 16 October 2011

Modafinl 6 - Summary

I've been on modafinil for almost 30 days now.  For the first two days I took 200mg upon waking and it was great.  For the rest of that week I took 100mg upon waking, and it too was great.  I had decreased sleep time in the range of 7-8 hours, and my concentration was great and daytime fatigue absent.  However, I then took a two-three day break from modafinil, and when I started the following day at 100mg again, it was okay, but not the same like in the first week, and from there, the medication seems to have decreased in effect as time went on to the point where I had to up the dosage to 200mg daily, and even after being on 200mg for the past six days, my sleep time has gradually become 12-14 hours again and my daytime fatigue has returned, and cognitive functions are not as well as I'd like them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment