Mindfulness Meditation

I have stopped using modafinil, and instead am practicing mindfulness meditation from Jon Kabat-Zinn, which is better than modafinil from my experience.

Sunday 16 October 2011

Modafinil 7

I have stopped taking modafinil daily as it stopped working (havings its effects).  In fact I think that while taking 200mg of modafinil at the end of my modafinil 30 day trial my cognitive functioning was worse, however, this may just be coincidence.
After corresponding with others I have decided that I will only take modafinil on the days that I need to get up early and take at least a two day off period every two weeks.  When my day courses begin, I plan on taking at least 2 days off every week, i.e. no modafinil on the weekends.
Another thing that I can do is up my dosage of modafinil to 300mg or 400mg [from 100-200mg currently].  I was told by a peer that beyond 400mg, efficacy has not been proven, i.e. there will be no additional benefit by increasing the dosage beyond 400mg/day.  If I were to take 300mg or 400mg of modafinil a day, I could divide the dosage to be taken twice a day.

If modafinil is still not working then I can try switching to armodafinil (brand name Nuvigil, manufactured by the same company of Provigil [modafinil]).  More info on armodafinil can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. modafinil online

    ReplyDelete